Home insurance broker in Brighton and Hove

Although securing a mortgage deal is one of the most important aspects of purchasing your dream home, building and contents insurance is a must-have to keep your property safe.

We don’t always like to think about the ‘what ifs’, but it’s always best to be prepared ahead of time, especially when it comes to accidental or criminal damage.

After all, accidents happen! With the excitement of your new home ahead of you, being prepared for any eventuality will save you money in the long run.

Protecting your property

Home insurance is a general term used to describe two different types of insurance: Buildings and Contents Insurance. Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home and any permanent fixtures and fittings, such as your bathroom and kitchen.

Speak To an Expert

Whether you’ve just had an offer accepted on a property and you’re ready to go, or you’re simply wondering how much you need to save for a deposit, it’s never too soon to reach out.

based on 159 reviews on for Strive Mortgages

Keeping your belongings safe

Contents insurance covers your belongings, such as furniture, electrical equipment and those extra special personal items that mean the world to you.

Property peace of mind with Home Insurance

We know that homes are more than just bricks and mortar, and everyone’s individual needs are different when it comes to seeking home insurance. We can help you to purchase new cover, as well as tailor home insurance cover to your personal requirements.

Setting up home insurance doesn’t have to be a total headache. Here at Strive Mortgages, we’ll break down the different options available to you at the best price. There are many factors which shape the price of home insurance cover, such as whether it will include accidental damage or home emergency cover – but don’t worry, we’re here to help every step of the way.

For more information on home insurance, please contact a member of the Strive team, by emailing info@strivemortgages.co.uk or call us on 01273 002697.

Frequently asked questions about home insurance

Do I need both Buildings and Contents insurance?

If you have a mortgage, it will be a condition of your mortgage that you have Buildings insurance. Buildings and Contents insurance can be purchased together or separately, with Contents insurance optional for homeowners.
We can help you to decide the best way to protect your home and future, according to your budget and individual requirements.

When do I need to have Buildings insurance in place?

Buildings insurance needs to be in place from the date contracts are exchanged, as that’s when the property becomes your legal responsibility. Your mortgage broker can help you to find the best deals and get it ready to go for when you exchange on your new home.

Do I have to get my Buildings insurance from my mortgage provider?

Not at all. Some mortgage lenders do include Buildings insurance as part of the mortgage package. But not all do! Much like your mortgage offer or car insurance, you can always shop around a little for the best price. Your mortgage broker can help you to find the best price available to you according to your requirements.